Tracking the Election
September 30, 2018
A few ways to keep students engaged with the midterm elections include tracking public opinion polling in your state, keeping track of national trends, and monitoring important Senate, House, and gubernatorial races. Begin by visiting the following links:
- Vox outlines the stakes in the midterm elections
- Explore RealClearPolitics’ Senate, House, and gubernatorial maps
Some questions you might discuss with your students include:
- What are the most competitive races in our state?
- What issues seem to be driving the campaigns in our state? What issues do we hear discussed in television and radio advertisements or on the local news?
- What do you hope will be the outcome of the congressional elections? Why?
For our more detailed overview, along with additional discussion questions, see our guide to the 2018 Midterm Elections.
Image credit: Time.com – Frederic J. Brown–AFP/Getty Images