JOIN OUR MISSION
Thank you for your interest in joining the Close Up team to inform, inspire, and empower young people to embrace the rights of being active citizens in our democracy. Close Up endeavors to attract and retain top-quality talent in order to guarantee excellent service to our customers. How do we achieve this? By providing an environment that challenges, motivates and equips you with the tools necessary to succeed. If you're looking for job satisfaction, excellent benefits, and professional development, Close Up is where you want to be.
In addition to our fun and rewarding environment, Close Up offers a number of benefits for our core staff (full-time, full-year):
- Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
- Paid Annual & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays (10 per year)
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by Close Up)
- Life Insurance/AD&D, 4x salary (100% of premiums paid by Close Up)
- Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by Close Up)
- Transportation Subsidy (Metro-accessible)
- 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care
- Direct Deposit
- Free Gym Access
Benefits packages differ between employee classes and may not include all of the above benefits for every position.
Close Up Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. As a non-profit/non-partisan leader in civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy requires active and informed participation by all citizens.
The Outreach Coordinator will join the New Products team and work with multiple departments to help sell, market, and coordinate Professional Development, Classroom Resources, and DC based programs at Close Up. This is a multi-faceted position that requires great sales, packaging, and networking skills, as well as a strong interest in education and knowledge of school systems.
- Generate leads and develop new relationships with school districts across the country.
- Prospect and identify new schools and organizations through a variety of generation activities; including cold calls, list building, meetings etc.
- Differentiate Close Up’s classroom resources and Professional Development opportunities from competing organizations.
- Help with product development, marketing initiatives, and management of current partners.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Exceptional relationship building skills both internally and externally
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel for meetings, trainings, and conferences
Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation & Sick Leave, Short/Long-term and Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, On-site Gym, Free Parking, Metro Subsidy, Metro Accessible Location (Braddock Road), Casual Attire, Great Colleagues.
Include a cover letter AND résumé for consideration.
Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and will be subject to a criminal background check.
Close Up is an Employer of National Service.
We support service to community, with national & international impact, & the ability to make a difference. As an organization committed to making Peace Corps stronger, and a partner of the National Peace Corps Association, we give special consideration to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.