PUBLIC POLICY IN-DEPTH
The Public Policy In-Depth library provides students with a comprehensive understanding of key domestic and foreign policy issues. Each unit introduces students to a broad policy topic that informs the current legislative agenda, and uses framing questions and current controversies to explore multiple sides of an issue.
The foundation for this library is Close Up’s annually published supplemental textbook, Current Issues, reformatted and enhanced for digital use. In addition to the ten major policy units in Current Issues, the Public Policy In-Depth library includes additional online-only units, interactive reading guides, and teacher resources.
What kinds of topics does this library explore?
- Economy: Should Congress raise the federal minimum wage?
- Energy and the Environment: Should the development of renewable energy be a federal government priority?
- Foreign Policy: Should the United States downsize its role in global affairs?
- And more! Click here for a full list of units and framing questions.
What additional resources are included for teachers?
- Reading guides and answer keys for each unit
- Debate formats to shape productive classroom discussions
- Assignments to move students from conceptual understanding to practical application of ideas
- Project outlines for in-depth research and multi-tiered civic action
- Thematic lesson plans for tying it all together
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 703-706-3665.